Montana Photojournalist Photograph Ingomar Vananda02
The Jersey Lilly occupies a building that is one of the last standing reminders of Ingomar’s glory times in the early 20th century. Built in 1914, it was Ingomar’s first brick structure and housed the Wiley, Clark and Greening Bank, serving the hundreds of homesteaders then in the Ingomar area. Less than 10 years later, in 1921, the bank went under, one of its principals accused of misuse of bank funds. The building became the Oasis Bar in 1933 and the Jersey Lilly in 1948.